(Read Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3)
I rarely give up, rarely say things like "I can't"... so with persistence comes big pay off.
- I've created a simple front end giving the finance users the ability to "push" their own button.
- I make sure the ETL isn't already running
- I save all button pushes to a history table for displaying in the web app
- I display some feedback to the user (or any visitor for that matter), letting them know what major milestone the application is working on
- I've combined .NET, T-SQL, MicroStrategy .dll's, a SQL Server Job, and a Windows Scheduled Task, and a SQL stored proc to send the final e-mail, notifying all Finance Managers the process is complete
It brings a smile to my face when I wake up in the morning to several e-mails notifying me that someone overseas has pushed their own button without waking me.